Despite a soggy start to the morning of Wednesday, May 25th, we had a great turn-out to our 3rd YPN round table discussion and networking breakfast session. Artopolis, in Greektown, helped us host about 40 YPN’ers eager to start their day with a discussion and networking session revolving around this month’s topic of building your personal brand.
Kevin Conroy Smith started the discussion with a brief 20-minute presentation on his “how to” method in personal brand building. Kevin motivates audiences across the nation on how to achieve success on their own terms; by defining who they are and staying true to themselves. Kevin is a Chicago-based entrepreneur who has been featured in a #1 Wall Street Journal and New York Times bestseller, The Orange Revolution. You can find out more about Kevin through his personal Web site.
As a rewind, here are the 10 steps in personal brand-building from Kevin Conroy Smith:
1. Set a mission statement for your life.
2. Write down your mission.
3. Find 10 key "words" that describe your mission/vision.
4. Set "brand guidelines" for your social networking sites.
5. Once a week review your online presence (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and make sure it is aligned with your mission.
6. Do a brand audit once a year to review your brand in depth.
7. Research the platforms you use to promote your brand (Facebook, etc.) so you understand how to be most effective.
8. Make sure that your business mission is aligned with your personal mission.
9. Set daily activities to achieve your "mission" long-term.
10. Be intentional with every single thing you do. EVERYTHING!
The Chicago Association of REALTORS YPN is a network focused on promoting professionalism through education and outreach events. It is free to join if you are a member of C.A.R. and we would love to have you at our next event. We have monthly round tables and quarterly social events. Please go to www.chicagorealtor.com/ypn to find out more information and to sign up!
Grigory Pekarsky, 2011 C.A.R. YPN Chair
Vesta Preferred Realty